What we can offer you in clinic?
A member of our specialist feeding team will meet with you for a full and comprehensive feeding assessment prior to your consultation with Dr Justin Roche.
As a Consultant Paediatrician Dr Roche has experience in diagnosing and managing the following:
- Cow’s milk protein intolerance
- Lactose intolernace
- Tongue tie
Where necessary Dr Roche can prescribe medication or specialist formulas.
Dr Roche is also an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and if you are breastfeeding he can provide evidence-based solutions that are supportive of breastfeeding.
We are fortunate to have a very experienced team of feeding specialists (IBCLC’s) who travel to work with us from Waterford, Clare, Kilkenny and Tipperary.
Our team have extensive experience from a wide range of healthcare settings, both hospital and community based: midwifery, public health nursing, neonatal intensive care, paediatric nursing and lactation support
Our specialised team have undergone extensive training in:
- Infant bottle feeding
- SOFFI (Supported Oral Feeding in Fragile Infants)
- Weaning onto solids
- SNS (Supplemental Nursing Sysytems)
- Induced Lactation
We work alongside parents as they encourage their children towards enjoying a healthy relationship with food.
Our physiotherapist can offer the following:
- Improve your babies oral function which will in turn help with feeding efficiency and reduce air swallowing.
- Craniosacral therapy to help reduce restrictions within your baby’s body as tummy pain and wind often leads to babies holding themselves tense.
- Developmental assessment and advice. Babies who have been fussy and unsettled, often need to be held upright for prolonged periods will have spent less time in play, particularly tummy time. Babies develop new skills most during ‘calm, awake’ time which infants suffering from colic and reflux get less opportunity to achieve.
- Sensory work to help calm your baby. Babies who have been uncomfortable, or had a stressful delivery for whatever reason, may be more reactive to the environment around them.